Perfect for any special occasion, a set of these coasters will make an amazing personalised gift and the biggest incentive being – ITS INEXPENSIVE 😉 The square tiles from your local home goods or hardware store makes this DIY project simply unique yet special. All you need is some rubber stamps of your choice, varnish/ acrylic sealant and a bit of felt to complete this fun project. Wrap the finished coasters with a ribbon, and voila! These coasters are so adorable, that you may probably end up making a set for yourself as well.
Materials needed :
- 4 by 4 inch tiles
- Rubber stamps
- Stazon ink pad
- Stazon cleaner
- Ink pads
- Self adhesive felt squares/ circles
- Clear sealant spray
- Start by cleaning your tiles. I just run it under the water once and allow dry it on a hand towel.
- Place your choice of stamps on the ink pad & ink it up well.
- Next, place it on the tile & push the stamp firmly.
- Leave it for a few seconds to air dry before you move the tile, as you do not want your stamped images to disperse.
Here comes a small trick : If you do not like the way your stamping turned out, simply use a little Stazon cleaner & a baby wipe and your good to go. J This is if you’re using Stazon stamps.
I usually stamp my design on a scrap paper to see if its looks good and then stamp it on the tile. It’s totally optional, but I simply do this to ensure that I get my coasters exactly as how I want them to be.
If you use other ink pads to stamp images on the tiles, you definitely need to seal them.
- Next, you’ll need some felt for the bottom of the tile so it won’t scratch the surfaces you use them on. You can purchase the pre-cut felt circles or squares as well.
- Last step is to seal them using a clear sealant spray, which will make these coasters waterproof and reusable.
Note : Make sure you spray them in a well ventilated place such as your patio, as you do not want your workplace or room to smell like a warehouse 😉
7. Wrap it with your favorite colored ribbon and they are all ready to be gifted.