A must try dessert!
Here go the ingredients in my recipe of puchka fillings:
- 10-15 pani puris / puchkas / gol gappas ( easily available in Indian stores)
- Dark or Light chocolate slabs (your choice) (melted either using double boiler or microwave)
- ½ ltr milk
- Few pistachios, almonds, kesar (saffron) strands
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- Any fruit of your choice (strawberries, kiwis, mango, anything!)
- Mint leaves (for decoration)
- Chocolate sauce (for decoration)
Let’s make this yummy dessert:
- Make a hole in the centre of the puchkas. Coat the outer layer of the puchkas with chocolate. Refrigerate till the chocolate layer hardens.
- Make rabdi from the milk: Keep boiling the milk in a pan till it thickens, gently stirring continuously.
- Ensure that you keep stirring so that milk does not stick at the bottom and end up burning.
- Add almonds, pistachios, saffron strands. When thick, add the sugar.
- Switch of the gas. When cool, refrigerate.
- At the time of serving, fill the rabdi in the puchkas. Top it up with fruit pieces. Here I used kiwis in one and mangoes in the other.
- Decorate with mint leaves and chocolate sauce.