It’s simple, can be stored, and exquisitely rich! Guests will be left dazzled as to how such a chef-like curry could be made by you! This basic curry acts as the base of making the actual curry. Find the white curry recipes in the links provided below.
To make the basic white curry, gather the following ingredients:
- 2-3 onions
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Green chilly paste
- 1 bayleaf
- 3-4 tbsp magaz (watermelon seeds, white)
- 3-4 tbsp cashewnuts
- 2 tsp garam masala powder (available at Indian stores)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 75 gms khoa (a dairy product)
- 2 tsp kasoori methi (available at Indian stores)
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 50 ml fresh cream
The basic curry that we are going to make can be stored in the fridge for almost a week. Lets start!
- Boil onions in a pan for around 5 mins, else sprinkle water on the onions, microwave for a minute, and boil again. Strain the water. Grind to make a paste.
- Boil cashew and magaz, strain the water, and grind both to make a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add bayleaf and ginger garlic green chilly paste. Sprinkle a little water and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion paste. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the cashew magaz paste. Fry for another 5 minutes.
- Mash the khoa with fingers and add it to the pan. Add all the remaining ingredients, sauté well and switch off the gas.
This is the basic white gravy that can be stored.