With Valentine’s day being around the corner, all of us want to do something special for the ‘special one’. With busy schedules and hectic work, it gets so difficult to take time off and make something for our loved ones. My husband loves cakes and I wanted to bake a dozen cupcakes for him, but alas I just couldn’t fit it around my work schedule. So I decided to make something a little different yet yummmmy to show that I honestly tried 😉 Hahaha.
So here is a quick recipe of the double chocolate cake I made in a coffee mug. Real quick, very simple and trust me it’s truly yummmy and guess what- ITS EGGLESS!! I got inspired to bake this when I came across a similar recipe in a blog I read a few days back. Thanks to her, I should say that I totally nailed this one! (http://www.tablefortwoblog.com)
So lets get started:
- 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 2.5 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp cookie and cocoa swirl (or any spread you like – peanut butter, chocolate or hazelnut spread etc)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add milk and oil and whisk it well to break all lumps.
- Pour the batter in a microwave safe coffee mug.
- Microwave it for 65-70 seconds on high temperature.
- Enjoy the yummmy cake with your loved ones.
- Allow it to cool and alternatively you can top it with vanilla ice-cream/whipped cream and decorate with sprinkles or any other decoration of your choice.
Spreading Love 🙂