Preparing condensed milk at home is easy, cheaper, yummier, and yes – my cravings for this sweet milk can be taken care of anytime I want to 😀 . It tastes just like the condensed milk purchased from the market!
(measurement for 1 tin condensed milk)
- 1 litre milk (full fat)
- 300 gms sugar
- A pinch baking powder
The recipe to make:
- Boil the milk. Transfer it to a pan, add sugar and keep boiling, stirring at intervals. You can boil it on high flame in the start, but once the milk starts thickening, reduce it to low flame to avoid the milk at the bottom of the vessel from burning. Stir more frequently.
- As the milk reaches a consistency a ‘little’ thinner than that of the actual condensed milk, add just a small pinch of baking powder, stir and switch off the gas.
- The milkmaid will thicken a little more while cooling. Our yummy, delicious and homemade condensed milk is ready!!
- In case the condensed milk forms lumps in the end, not to worry, just blend it in a blender to remove the lumps.
- NEVER wait for the right consistency of the condensed milk before switching off the gas, as on cooling it with thicken even more.
- You can store it in the fridge for upto 2 weeks! Voila!
Until next time, Adios:)