Off late, I’ve been trying to get on a protein diet. As a vegetarian, we tend to intake a lot of carbs and with all the hustle going on about healthy living, I wanted to indulge in healthy living as well 😉 Hehe.
This palak dal in not only easy and simple, but super delicious as well. Club it with hot Phulka’s or steamed rice or just eat it as is. I’ve made this as a one pot recipe, thus saving more time and effort as well 🙂 So without taking much time, lets jump right in….
- Spinach finely chopped 15-20 leaves
- Tur dal (Split pigeon peas) 3/4 cup
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Ghee (clarified butter) 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Garlic chopped 3-4 cloves finely chopped
- Medium sized Onion finely chopped -1
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- In a cooker, add ghee, Asafoetida, cumin seeds, garlic and sauté for one minute. Continue to sauté till onion gets lightly browned.
- Add the lentils, turmeric poster, red chili powder, spinach and sauté for half a minute. Mix well.
- Add one cup water, salt and stir.
- Close the cooker and let it cook till about 3 whistles.
- Switch the stove and wait till the cooker cools down completely.
- After 30 mins, open the cooker, add lemon juice, mix and serve hot.
Don’t forget to link/ comment/ share if you enjoyed this post.