Baby Shower & Miss you Handmade Card!!
Crafting has not only been a hobby, but a true passion. It started from making personalized gifts for friends which is not only memorable, but it gives you an immense measure of self-satisfaction 🙂
These are 2 cards I made for 2 of my friends here at the International community – One who is going to be expecting a Baby Boy soon!! Yay 🙂
The second is for a friend who is going back home and who we all will dearly miss!!
- Patterned Card stock
- Pearl and crystal embellishments
- Sentiments ( I printed it out using a normal Inkjet printer)
- Paper Doilies
Happpy crafting 🙂
As you all know, craft is my first love and Pinterest is my best friend.
DIY ideas in Pinterest in a must check out, incase none of you have come across it. I recently saw a pin on making Customized Etched glass tutorial and immediately decided to pin it and obviously make it 😉 Haha.They can make such good wedding gifts or simple give-aways that look classy yet affordable.
You won’t believe how simple it is to make this adorable project. You can etch absolutely anything like wine glass, mason jars (eg. make customized sugar, salt, coffee jars. What say?)- just that it has to be GLASS and not any other material.
So let’s gather the materials we will need.
- Wine glasses from Dollar Store
- Armour Etch Cream
- Foam brush or Popsicle Stick
- Masking or Painter’s tape
- Sticker letters or re-useable stencils or Vinyl Stickers
- Adhere the stencils and letters as per your choice onto a clean glass surface.
- Apply a masking tape all around in order to avoid the etching cream to spread and you sure don’t want to ruin your art work.
- Wear gloves ( very important) and generously apply a nice coat of the etching cream over the stencil.
- Let it sit in for 15 mins.
- And the final step – wear your gloves again and run it under warm water in the sink.
- And yay- your glass in all ready 🙂
This is the snapshot of the ladies here at Stanford, in my DIY Crafts workshop working on their projects 🙂 Nothing feels as good as sharing 🙂 What do you think?
Happy crafting and sharing!!
Diwali cleaning going on in the house, and I found this old pen stand lying in one corner of the cupboard.
Poor fellow had to be kept inside cos I was bored with using the same stand for over 3 years! Buying a new one was a good option, but not an interesting one! A little time spent on Google and Youtube gave me the solution! Minion pen stand! Tada!
All you need are the required color foam sheets, black marker pen, glue gun and an internet connection with the minion pen holder Youtube video! And then get started!!
A handmade gift is more precious for the simple reasons that its filled with love, customized creativity and involves a lot of your time and hardwork! Just why I decided to make rakhis for all my lovely brothers out there (who are gonna fill my pockets and shower me with gifts in return too 😉 )
Inspired by a few designs on Google, blogs and YouTube, and adding a dash of creativity of my own to them, quilling rakhis are what I’ve worked on, here they are!
The golden quilling rakhis:
The colorful quilling rakhis:
Quilling lumbas – rakhis for the bhabis:
Quilling rakhis for the kids, including angry birds quilling rakhis:
Do let me know if you like them! 🙂
Well, as you all know, I love paper crafting. I have made so many cards, but this time I wanted to try something different. I remember when I was a kid, I would go to a store & pick up anything at all if the packaging appealed to me. I wouldn’t really care what is inside it.. 😉 Well, ‘looks can be deceiving’ is what is said, but to me, it was the only reason to buy anything at all. They make a first impression about the product itself!! So, I started by making some cute little boxes that could be used in any occasion to give to your loved ones. This one here, is one of my favourites. I love the window sheets, as it gives me a sneak peek about the little product inside the package.
Its super easy & makes such an adorable gift box 🙂
So, let’s get started.
Materials you’ll need :
- 7 ½ x 5 inches any colour card stock of your choice.
- Ribbon to co-ordinate with your colour of the card stock
- Printed paper for decorating your box
- Paper trimmer or scissors
- Scoring board ( if not, just use the scoring tool)
- Tag punch
- Acetate Sheet/ Window sheet (5 inch x 5 inch )
- Sticky tape or glue
- First start by getting your die cut ready. I’ve just printed out my logo on the card stock before prepping it into a box.
- Score on the long side at 1 ½ inches, 21/2 inches and 6 ½ inches.
- Score on the short side at 1 inch and 4 inch.
- Cut the flaps as shown below..
- Soften out the score lines to give a good finish.
- Score your window sheet at 1 inch on three sides as show.
- Snip out the corner squares.
- Then, I just used a chevron printed paper to give a nice look to the top flap of my box and rounded the corners using a punch. You could simply use scissors as well.
- Next, I carefully lined the window sheet with the card stock base and glued it well to create the Front Window.
- Then I used the white lace ribbon to give the final look and placed a tag with the logo I designed.
- And voila, the box is ready!!
What do you all think? Simple cute, isn’t it?
I was totally inspired by watching several YouTube tutorials. I will hopefully someday be able to shoot and post video tutorials as well 🙂
Don’t forget to like/comment and follow our blog if you liked the post !!
Thanks for stopping by!
I have been crafting for a long long time. When I shifted to the US, I started exploring into the world of paper crafts as the supplies you get here are so overwhelming with endless choices. I decided to take up some stamping classes to get started and learn the usage of different types of ink pads, varieties of card stock, stamps, etc..Then I started designing my own series of stamped cards, stamped coasters, gift boxes etc…
Here is one example of a Simple card I recently made for my loving husband.
For this, I used:
- 51/2 inches by 81/2 inches White card stock
- Background stamp
- Flower punch
- Leaves punch
- Different color ink pads
- Versa Fine black ink pad for the sentiments
- Circle sparkly stickers for the flowers.
- Rubber Stamps
And voila !!
What do you all think?!
This is just an idea/inspiration for the different kinds of cards you can actually design all by yourself. No gift is as special as it being handmade and totally unique! Isn’t it?
Don’t forget to leave your comments/ thoughts and like this post if you enjoyed it 🙂
Happy crafting !
RECYCLE – One of the words that we constantly get to hear these days. Let’s contribute a little by recycling used wine bottles ( or any other bottle eg. Ketchup, beer bottles, Pringle’s can etc.) into beautiful home decor pieces. All you need is yarn, glue and voila! See below:
- Yarn ( any colour of your choice)
- Foam brush or any flat paint brush
- Bottles ( DUH!! 😉 )
Here is the step by step instruction.
Don’t forget to share your thoughts/comments and do like this post if you enjoyed reading it 🙂