Preparing condensed milk at home is easy, cheaper, yummier, and yes – my cravings for this sweet milk can be taken care of anytime I want to 😀 . It tastes just like the condensed milk purchased from the market!
(measurement for 1 tin condensed milk)
- 1 litre milk (full fat)
- 300 gms sugar
- A pinch baking powder
The recipe to make:
- Boil the milk. Transfer it to a pan, add sugar and keep boiling, stirring at intervals. You can boil it on high flame in the start, but once the milk starts thickening, reduce it to low flame to avoid the milk at the bottom of the vessel from burning. Stir more frequently.
- As the milk reaches a consistency a ‘little’ thinner than that of the actual condensed milk, add just a small pinch of baking powder, stir and switch off the gas.
- The milkmaid will thicken a little more while cooling. Our yummy, delicious and homemade condensed milk is ready!!
- In case the condensed milk forms lumps in the end, not to worry, just blend it in a blender to remove the lumps.
- NEVER wait for the right consistency of the condensed milk before switching off the gas, as on cooling it with thicken even more.
- You can store it in the fridge for upto 2 weeks! Voila!
Until next time, Adios:)
With Valentine’s day being around the corner, all of us want to do something special for the ‘special one’. With busy schedules and hectic work, it gets so difficult to take time off and make something for our loved ones. My husband loves cakes and I wanted to bake a dozen cupcakes for him, but alas I just couldn’t fit it around my work schedule. So I decided to make something a little different yet yummmmy to show that I honestly tried 😉 Hahaha.
So here is a quick recipe of the double chocolate cake I made in a coffee mug. Real quick, very simple and trust me it’s truly yummmy and guess what- ITS EGGLESS!! I got inspired to bake this when I came across a similar recipe in a blog I read a few days back. Thanks to her, I should say that I totally nailed this one! (http://www.tablefortwoblog.com)
So lets get started:
- 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 2.5 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp cookie and cocoa swirl (or any spread you like – peanut butter, chocolate or hazelnut spread etc)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add milk and oil and whisk it well to break all lumps.
- Pour the batter in a microwave safe coffee mug.
- Add 1 tbsp of your favorite spread on top of the batter.
- Microwave it for 65-70 seconds on high temperature.
- Enjoy the yummmy cake with your loved ones.
- Allow it to cool and alternatively you can top it with vanilla ice-cream/whipped cream and decorate with sprinkles or any other decoration of your choice.
Spreading Love 🙂