I love to cook but I also realise how lazy I get when I’ve to cook lunch just for me. I’m excited to cook when I’ve people around, but just for myself, it can get boring. Don’t you agree?
I need something fast, exciting and healthy to keep me motivated to enter the kitchen during these lazy and cozy winter days. So, I walk into the kitchen, open the refrigerator & picked out all the veggies I had . I also had a batch of Homemade Basil Pesto that I had made just 3 days ago and decided – why not a healthy yum Veg Sandwich. And so I put it together and guess what – it turned out super delicious. Voila!! The ingredients used are what most of us have in our pantry and takes no time at all. So why wait? Let’s get started.
- Peeled and grated carrot – 1/4 cup
- Peeled and grated bottle guard – 1/4 cup (optional. I had it in my fridge and wanted to make something healthy. So why not? 😉 )
- Finely chopped onions – 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped capsicum – 1/4 cup
- Cheese slices – 2 ( for 2 sandwiches)
- Oregano – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Pesto – to apply on the bread
- Brown Bread slices – 4
- Take a bowl and mix all veggies and the seasoning.
- Place cheese slices on 2 bread slices and apply a generous layer of pesto on the other two slices.
- Scoop 1-2 tbsp of the veggie mix and apply in on the bread slices. Cover with the other bread slice.
- In a pan, add a little butter and place the sandwich.
- Cook till its brown on both sides.
- Serve with ketchup or eat it as is.
- Yay!! Healthy and quick veggie sandwich is ready to be eaten or even packed for lunch.
Hope you all enjoyed this as much I enjoyed cooking it.
Until next time, Adios 🙂