A yummy Indian gravy that is had with a paratha, a shallow fried Indian bread. You can also have the kurma with either rice or dosas!
To make the kurma, get the following ingredients in one place:
- 2 tbsp oil or ghee
- Small piece of laung, tej patta, dalchini
- 1 onion (paste)
- 1 cup half-boiled veggies (carrot, beans, potato, peas, any of your choice)
- 2 tbsp cashew, 1 tbsp khuskhus, ¼ coconut, 1 tbsp saunf or fennel, 1 green chilly – grind all these into a paste
- A pinch turmeric powder
- Coriander (for garnishing)
Lets start making the kurma!
- Take oil in a pan. When hot, add laung, tej patta and dalchini.
- Add and sauté the onion paste.
- Add the vegetables. Saute for a minute or two.
- Add turmeric powder and then the coconut paste. Fry well for a few minutes.
- Add salt. Garnish with coriander.
Simple step to make a paratha look layers..Laccha paratha!
- Once you roll the round chappati, cut it into strips.
- Apply ghee and a little wheat flour on each layer and place on top of one another. Do not press. Place the last strip upside down, so that the ghee touches the second last layer.
- Make it stand vertical, press it a bit and roll it, in a way that the lacchas or layers are seen
- Roll it into a circle again. Do not press hard while rolling as this will stick the layers.
- Roast like a normal paratha.
- Once you take it off the pan, push and press from all sides so that the layers are seen!