Who doesn’t like Pasta. For me, it’s always been a ‘rescue’ recipe… hehe.. When I’m too lazy to cook a whole Indian meal, I end up making this simple, easy and yumm pasta. The basic tomato & cream with a few veggies is my ‘to-go’ recipe when I crave for pasta. It definitely does the trick!!
So lets start. Here is what you will need.
- 2-tablespoon butter
- 2-tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans tomato sauce( Optional – I use fresh tomato puree)
- 4 cloves minced
- 1 cup heavy cream (optional – 3 tbsp mayonnaise )
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil chopped
- Salt & Pepper – as per your taste
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- 1 tsp sugar ( enhances the flavour)
- Boiled and strained pasta ( OF COURSE!)
- Heat butter and oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté till onions become translucent and lose the raw flavour.
3. Pour in tomato sauce, salt, pepper, sugar and cook over low heat for about 15-20 mins.
5. Stir in the pasta and add the chopped basil.
6. Serve hot filled with love and yumminess!!:)
- You can add boiled veggies too.
- It is always good to run the cooked pasta in cold water before adding it to the tomato/cream sauce.
Don’t forget to like or comment. Do post your recipe photos. We always love hearing from you all.
Happy cooking. Adios:)