Frankie, is a popular street-food in India. It is basically wraps or yumness stuffed rolls 😉 There are endless stuffing choices that one can choose from – onions, veggies, cottage cheese, lettuce, cabbage, potatoes etc. Its one of the most easiest recipe to make under 30 minutes (if all the ingredients are available on hand) . Most of the ingredients included are something that we all have in our pantry. So why wait? Let’s get started.
- 1 ½ tbsp oil or butter
- 1 tsp ginger – garlic paste
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- ¾ cup boiled and mashed potatoes
- ¾ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ tsp chaat masala ( optional)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- ¾ cup roughly chopped cabbage or lettuce for garnishing
- Shredded cheese for garnishing (optional )
- 1 tsp lemon juice or ½ tsp dried mango powder
- 2 Tbsp tomato ketchup + 2 tbsp green coriander chutney (mix together in a small bowl)
- Salt as per taste
- Pre-cooked roti’s/ ready to use tortilla
- Heat oil/butter in a pan. Add the onions and sauté a little.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a few minutes.
- Then add the smashed potatoes, carrots and all the dry ingredients mentioned above.
- Simmer for about 2-3 minutes and keep it aside in a bowl. Add in the lime juice at this time and just give it a mix.
- If you are using ready tortilla, just heat both the sides on a pan till it turns slightly brown.
- On the ready roti or tortilla, spread the ketchup –chutney mix and then place the stuffing in the middle, throw in some lettuce and cheese and wrap the tortilla.
- Place them on the pan again for 1-2 mins , heating them on both sides one after the other, till it gets a little crispy.
- Serve hot with ketchup or it can just be enjoyed as is.
Cilantro Chutney :
- 1 big bunch of chopped Cilantro (green coriander)
- ½ bunch of mint leaves( optional)
- 3 green chopped chilies
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Blend everything together, except lemon juice. Add water as needed to get into a smooth paste.
- Empty in a container and then add lemon juice and mix.
- You can make the cilantro chutney in large quantity and freeze it in ice-cube trays. Store the frozen cubes in a zip-lock plastic bag. Defrost as many cubes as needed. If you freeze the chutney immediately after preparing, it will lose its bright green colour and freshness.
Don’t forget to leave your comments and do hit on the like button, if you enjoyed our post 🙂