So why wait, lets get started.
- 100 gms Paneer/cottage cheese
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- 1 small onions finely chopped
- Cilantro leaves – about 4-5 stems finely chopped
- Curry leaves – 4/5 roughly chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for roasting
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Take a large bowl and add whole wheat flour, ½ tsp salt. Pour about ½ cup of water and knead the dough.
- Add more water as required to knead a soft (not too hard or sticky) dough.
- Cover it and let is rest till we make the filling.
- Meanwhile, for the stuffing, grate the cottage cheese (or just crumble it with your hand).
- Add all the dry ingredients, chopped onions & cilantro.
- Mix everything well.
- Pinch a small round ball of the dough and using a rolling-pin roll it into a circle.
- Spread the stuffing on one of the rolled dough, keeping one inch space around the circumference.
- Cover with the other end of the rolled dough and press the edges well as shown in the picture. This is the easiest way to make any kind of paratha with a filling. It avoids the fear of the stuffing to be too much or too less and also avoids the stuffing to break out while rolling it.
- Apply oil on this side and flip it over.
- Press the edges with a spatula so that the edges are cooked.
- Cook both sides well till they have golden brown spots on them.
- Serve hot with yogurt/ green chutney or ketchup ( my personal favorite ;-))
Happy cooking 🙂