Countless number of times we have sudden guests with no time to switch on the cooker and wait for whistles, or when we are not well enough to get up and cook, but feel like eating something healthy and tasty. Well, this instant soup comes to the rescue!!
To make the soup gather:
- 2 tbsp butter / ghee
- 1 onion
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 1 tomato
- 1 carrot
- 4-5 beans
- ¼ capsicum
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 baby corn (optional)
(All the above need to be cut into very small cubes)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1-2 glasses water
- Black pepper
- Spring leaves (for garnishing, optional)
Let’s quickly start making:
- Take the butter in a pan. Once hot, add the grated ginger.
- Add onions. Sauté well.
- Add the tomatoes. Sauté for a minute or two.
- Add the carrot, beans, sweet corn and baby corn. Sauté for two more minutes.
- Add the capsicum. Sauté for a minute.
- Add water and let it boil for a few minutes.
- Add salt, sugar and black pepper as per your taste.
- In a bowl, mix the corn flour with a little water well so that no lumps are formed. Add this to the above.
- Take a boil. Remove from the burner.
- Garnish with spring onion leaves. Serve hot!
You can top the soup with tomato sauce, chilli sauce, soya sauce if required.
If you feel the soup can be a little more thick, then add little more corn flour. However, do not add the corn flour directly into the soup. Mix it in a little water and then add. This will dissolve the corn flour evenly and no lumps will be formed.
Happy cooking 🙂